Sunday, September 14, 2014

Classroom Tour

I'm late to the game...

I promised a tour via instagram 2 weeks ago and then things got hectic. My nephew was born 8 weeks early (he and mommy are doing great!) and then school started and man was it crazy!

So here is a picture tour of ourclassroom!

Welcome to Room 10!!

We take attendance using popsicle sticks and then one of the class jobs is to check and make sure everyone has checked in and let me know who is absent and who is buying lunch.

The class job chart! Most jobs have two workers on them now...I forgot how important buddies were in 2nd grade. Summer brain.

Back counter where I keep supplies.

Our word wall!

Computers and "Wonderful Work" Bulletin Board.

Classroom birthdays and calendar wall.

Polka dot caddies!

Horizontal and vertical examples.

Early Bird board for those speedy kiddos!

Ready for the first day!

How i organize my small group reading area.

Classroom Library! So much better this year!

Mailboxes that I jazzed up with washi tape.

The emptiest my desk will ever look...

My bookshelf to hold all my curriculum and stuff.

Rotation charts for Literacy and Math.

Star of the Week area. The poster hangs in the middle.

Writing center! I clip great examples from students up with the clothespins.


And there is my photo dump! It's super late...but it's done! 
Now, off to watch football and plan for another crazy week in 2nd!

Teaching Kati Lesson: I'm not setting blogging deadlines for myself anymore. Totally pointless. I would rather devote my time to my kiddos and only blog when I have something really great to share. Trying to come up with things to blog about it too much of a full-time job when I already have a full-time job!

Kati

No comments:

Post a Comment