Thursday, August 4, 2016

I'm Baaaaack

Hey there!

I'm back from Australia and finally enjoyed a full night of sleep last night so I think I'm recovered from my jet lag! If you follow me on Instagram, you'll know everything that happened on my trip. If you're curious, you should go check it out! It was such an amazing adventure and I'm so excited to teach my 5th grade kiddos all about some amazing stuff I saw and experienced!.

On that note, I did spend a lot of time thinking about my classroom and my
kiddos on the trip. Don't worry! It was all fun/relaxing thinking about work! I came up with a lot of ideas so there should be some great new and FREE stuff coming to my TPT in the coming weeks! I prefer to put things up for free and then if there is something that is successful, I like to charge later. Take advantage of that now! All I ask if for some feedback and reviews so I can improve the projects. I like to improve the projects with your classrooms and kids in mind. Also, are you a 5th grade teacher? Maybe you have an Instagram or TPT account? Let me know! I'd love to connect up and follow your accounts. It will be my first year teaching 5th grade so I would love to see all the amazing things you've already mastered.

I've already started working on classroom stuff and I'm getting so excited to see it all come together. This year I bit the bullet and purchased fadeless bulletin board paper. I usually just use the butcher paper from the staff workroom but it's never wide or tall enough so this should make things easier. Also, it's patterned like faded and weathered wood planks so it fits with the shabby-chic burlap theme...so really that's why I bought it. It has nothing to do with ease...hahahaha! Hopefully it matches the vision or I think we all know that I'll scrap the idea regardless of the fact that I bought 3 rolls. I also have been working on my planner for this year. At first I thought I would just buy one because they can be pretty overwhelming to make but then I chalked the feeling of being overwhelmed to pure laziness. I finished up last night and I'm so glad I did it myself. It's my best one yet! The cover art is insanely beautiful! I'll snap a picture for Instagram in the next few days.

On the personal side of things, I just finished up my phone conferences with my grad school advisers. OMG you guys. It's happening. It's so weird but exciting. This upcoming quarter I am taking 6 credits, which is two classes and I already know one of them I'm going to destroy. It's collaborating and communicating with parents, colleagues, and the community. If you know me well enough, you know that education is my favorite thing to talk non-stop about so this should be a breeze! Hahaha!

That's just a brief update on things. I'll probably have a more thorough post when I have some pictures of my TPT products and classroom stuff.

Hope you're all having an amazing week so far!
Kati


No comments:

Post a Comment